Our Holy Father, Pope Francis continuously implores us to take seriously our responsibility to the poor. We as a Church are called to reflect on the many ways we give witness to that responsibility. Catholic Charities has a proud legacy of service and dedication to the needy of our Diocese. Last year we raised a record $4.8 million dollars which included gifts from tens of thousands of our friends and neighbors from throughout the Diocese. With your help we can once again help many worthy people throughout the Diocese.
- Specialized sheltering for women and children victims of domestic violence.
- Hundreds of disabled men and women assisted by our office of persons with disabilities.
- Thousands fed, clothed, housed and cared for through the efforts of Catholic Social Services.
- Chaplains, Deacons and lay volunteers supported in their ministries through your donations
- Hope for the hopeless, charity for those in need, kindness to the bereft
Whether they are the retired Clergy, the homeless, the elderly, the sick and infirmed, the emotionally troubled, or simply a poor family in need of food, clothing or shelter, they are the focus of the services funded by the Appeal.
I invite you to join with me and others who are answering the call by “Sharing Faith and Hope.” With every prayerful good wish and with kind personal regards, I remain
Sincerely yours in the Lord,
Most Reverend Edgar M. da Cunha, S.D.V., D.D.
Bishop of Fall River